Shequel P. Ross is the founding partner of The Law Offices of Shequel P. Ross, LLC/ SHElaw firm®. Since 2016, she has focused exclusively on complex, high-profile, personal injury and criminal defense cases. As one of Atlanta’s premier attorneys, she and her team have established a reputation for fighting hard for their clients and getting excellent results.
In the Atlanta Legal Community, she is known for getting criminal cases dismissed and fighting hard to maximize settlements for personal injury claims. Ms. Ross is frequently sought out by highly-rated podcasts, media and news outlets to serve as an expert in her field. Her straight-forward approach, relentless pursuit of justice, compassion for her clients and professionalism have resulted in the trust of many professionals who refer clients to her.
Ms. Ross is seen as a leader in her profession, who is active in professional organizations and has a strong impact on those in her community.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association - member
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – member
- National Black Lawyers Association - member
- State Bar of Georgia – member in good standing
HONORS, AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Ms. Ross has received numerous awards and recognition for her leadership as an attorney and justice seeker.
- 2020 - Lawyers of Distinction “Excellence in the Practice of Law”
- 2019 - Atlanta’s “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40”
- 2019 - Rolling Out’s “Justice for All” Award”
- 2019 - Western Michigan at Thomas Cooley Law – Bench Mark Magazine Feature “Lawyer on the Rise” and one who “Gets in Front of Legal Rights.”
- 2018 - Reader’s Digest Feature - “Fathers of Rising, Successful Attorneys”
- 2018 - Huffington Post Feature “Attorneys Sparking Massive Change”
SEMINARS, LECTURES, APPEARANCES
Ms. Ross has achieved broad appeal for her Legal Education Movement® where she is known for using legal #SHElawfirmSkits to teach others about their rights. Her creative presentations and dynamic energy keep audiences informed and engaged; many of her videos have gone viral, making her a national, go-to sensation when it comes to her ability to break down legal, complex topics.
Her appearances, lectures, and social media posts about legal topics add to her reputation as one of Atlanta’s leading attorneys.
- 2019 - “Know Your Rights” – Four-month lecture series to over 20 Georgia Public Schools and Universities
- 2018 - “SHE Goes Back to School with You” – One-month lecture series to Georgia Public Schools and Universities about how to avoid being charged criminally on school premises
- 2017 - “Pursuing Your Dreams” – World Changers Ministries Studio; Sponsored by Dr. Creflo Dollar; College Park, GA
- Western Michigan University at Cooley Law School – with honors
- Juris Doctorate, Dean’s List
- Licensed Civil Mediator
- Top Negotiator Eastern Region
- Bench Mark Magazine named “Lawyer on the Rise”
- Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Sociology